12 May 2011

I am good and G** damned tired of people thinking that my sole purpose on this Earth is to entertain them. There are certain people who only call me when they are bored or need something. Never to just call to check up on me, make sure that I am stilll here, see if there is anything they can do for me. Nope! instead what I get are calls or IMs or emails or voicemails telling me that I need to wake up because it is after such and such time and I should be awake.
well ya know what? This is MY life. I get up when I feel like it, I am not subjected to any other person's idea of "time to be awake". When I turn off ringer or don't answer messages, Don't keep needling me and re-dialing till I answer. And for damn sure, don't you finally get me to answer and then have the nerve to tell me that you are pissed at me because I get angry at having been waken up before I meant to get up. 
It's not like you had something important to tell me like someone has passed away, or been in a horrible car wreck. you only want me to be awake to amuse and entertain you because you are bored and have nothing better to do.
My life is simple. I don't have to be tied to a clock to punch in and out at predisposed times. If i choose to stay up til 3 am watching TV or I happend to still be awake when the sun comes up because I can't sleep,  SO BE IT 
You don't get to tell me that 'normal' people talk to each other in the day light and "[I] don't belong here."
'Cuse me??? I don't belong here?  You must be mad! I belong anywhere I decide I belong. 
If you want entertainment, don't call me. I'm not an entertainer by trade. 
If you want friendship, then I'm here. But friendship is a 2-way street. If you want me to be receptive to you be receptive to me. 
When I call with problems, let me talk; let me get it off my chest. Don't instead try to "one up me" with your problems. I don't mind hearing about what issues you have going on in your world but for heavens sake don't act like you are the only one with problems. And let me add this, if I tell you, for example, that I have one day left to live, don't tell me that you stubbed your toe and understand how I feel. I'm not asking for sympathy on my hypothetical impeding death, but rather just to tell someone what I'm going through. I don't need for you to come up with something simliar to try to "soothe" me. 
I have had enough of people trying to "guilt" me into their way of thinking, their deluded sense of what is right and what isn't. I have never fit into a mold before and I'm sure not gonna try squeezing into one now!
God gave me a brain of my own and I will make decisions as I please. If you don't like it, goodbye.
I no longer care what anyone thinks about me. I'm tired of living for other people. No one else seems to want to live for me, so why should I twist myself into knots trying to please and pamper and cater to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment